In the immortal words of Texas philospher Lil Flip “Aww
shit y’all done fucked messed up and let me in this bitch trick”. These were my immediate thoughts when Tex asked me to guest host WTCTW. He did me kind of dirty because this week doesn’t have many notable releases, but there’s one shoe that stands above the rest. Let’s get to it.
Here’s my list of what you SHOULD NOT cop over the weekend under any circumstances at all
Adidas D. Rose 7 “Solar Red”, Available Now, $160
- There once was a former league MVP that dropped a “Solar Red” colorway of his signature shoe to great fanfare. Funny how times change.
Air Jordan XX1 “Rio”, Available Now, $185
- I understand what Jordan Brand was trying to do with the XXX1 but this shoe is borderline uncoppable to me, especially for retail. I’m passing on these harder than Steve Nash coming down the lane with Amare streaking towards the basket.
Jadakiss X Reebok Question Mid “A5”, Available Now, $140
- *Jakakiss laughs these into the not to cop section* They aren’t a bad shoe they just aren’t anything spectacular. If you want these you can probably take a chance that they end up on sale somewhere in a few months.
Nike Kobe 11 Low Master of Innovation, Available Now, $200
- Blessings, love and respect to the great Kobe Bean Bryant but these just ain’t it beloved. There’s no reason you should be paying $200 for some gym shoes.
Here’s what y’all boys and girls SHOULD COP this weekend
Indiglo 14s, August 13th, $190
- Aww man this is the reason we’re here. The Indiglos are a definite cop in my opinion. I’m biased towards 14s but believe me when I say that I’m getting my coins together as you read this to pounce on these. Classics.
Air Jordan 12 Retro GS Barons, August 13th, $140
- For everyone with smaller feet out there I feel as though these are a solid move. I can’t help but feel like if the gray was cement these shoes would be incredible but that’s why God made sneaker customizers.
BAIT X Dreamworks X Diadora n9000 “Skeletor”, August 13th, $200
- These shoes impressed me before I even knew the backstory behind them. The shoe is inspired by He-Man villain Skeletor, featuring him on the insoles. The shoe is made up of premium materials justifying the price tag. They’re limited to 400 pairs so if you want them make sure you act on that.
Special thanks to Tex for letting me speak my piece this week. Gotta let me do it again sometime. If you agree, disagree, or have a pair or two that I might have missed find me on Twitter @TheBDJ.