Welcome back guys and gals to the newest weekly edition of WTCTW. First, I want to give a big shoutout to my partner in crime here at the TDT sneaker department, Gabby, for her efforts the past couple of weeks in carrying WTCTW on during my time off. Eventually her and I will make this whole thing into a collaborative his and hers type segment, but until then you guys will get to see our individual works. It’s great to be back, and here’s what I’ve picked for you all this week.
Here’s my list of what ‘NOT’ to cop over the weekend.
Under Armour Curry Lux (8/5/16) $150
- I have a lot of respect for the Under Armour brand, but I do not hold my tongue when it comes to shoes I do or do not like. There are some gems in Stephen Curry’s signature line, but the “Lux” editions of his shoe are not for me at all. The leather on this specific model along with the brown and white contrasts sort of reminds me of the interior in a car. Sorry to any Curry or Warriors fans, but these are a firm thumbs down from me.
Under Armour Curry Lux Low (8/5/16) $140
- At this point I really just see it as Under Armour simply trying to do a little too much with their star man. I actually like the look of the low cut design, but the color-way and idea for this specific “Lux” kick is actually just over the top. You can find better Curry’s to purchase than these folks, trust me.
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Premium Essentials Black (8/6/16) $160
- This week I have actually been butting heads with TDT’s own Mr. Rez about this specific release. For the real sneaker heads out there you know by now that “Banned” 1s are coming to stores in September, and also that “Black Toe” 1s are hitting the shelves in November. What that means is this “Yin Yang” pack of 1s releasing this weekend just aren’t worth it. If you ask Rez he’ll tell you to cop, but this isn’t his segment so it’s a definite no from me on these.
Here’s what everyone ‘SHOULD COP’ this weekend.
EBC x Reebok Question Mid Rucker Park (8/5/16) Price N/A
- First and foremost I gotta give a quick shoutout to “The Answer” himself, Allen Iverson. He took Reebok to new heights during his playing career, and believe it or not his legacy is still helping sell shoes to this day. This is actually a really unique color way in my eyes and this release also has some historical context to it with the Rucker Park tribute. This is a collab shoe so prices may be a little high, but this is still a cop in my book.
Nike Air Trainer SC High 1996 Olympics (8/5/16) $140
- If you didn’t know, it is officially Olympic season as the Summer Games in Rio have officially begun. These Nike Trainer’s are actually a nod to the ’96 Games that were hosted here in the United States with Atlanta, Georgia being the host city. The cool thing about this shoe is that it pretty much takes every color from the logo of that event and puts it all into one shoe. For $140 this is a different cop that also provides some historical value with it, go get these folks.
Air Jordan 7 Tinker Alternate (8/6/16) $190
- Last but not least, Jordan Brand has a pretty big release this weekend. As I stated this is Olympic season so what better time than now to release a bit of a remix of old Olympic 7s? This is another shoe that brings historical value with it, and honestly in my opinion it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a shoe using the blue, white, red, and gold combination of colors. $190 honestly isn’t that expensive, and I expect these to sell out quickly so don’t waste anytime on these. I know I’ll be attempting to secure a pair for myself, and you all should do the same.
That’s it for this edition of “What Kicks to Cop this Weekend”. Best of luck in the shoe journeys this weekend folks, and for those of you who make some successful cops feel free to show the blog or myself on Twitter @TheDemoTape_ and @JTexKnows.