Welcome back guys and gals to the newest weekly edition of WTCTW. Last week’s segment had quite a few very respectable options releasing on the shoe market, but unfortunately this weekend will pale in comparison. Any experienced shoe enthusiast knows that some weeks on the release calendars are just full of misses, but it is what it is. Here’s what I’ve picked for you all this week.
Don’t hate me for the shoes I cut out this week, but here’s my list of what ‘NOT’ to cop over the weekend.
adidas Crazylight Boost 2016 Liberties (7/16/16) $140
- First and foremost, I am a fan of James Harden on the basketball court and I also love my country and wish them the best in this summer’s Rio Olympics. Despite those facts though, let it be known that Harden won’t even be competing for Team USA. In addition to this I’m not that big a fan of his shoe, even though the USA theme is always a cool one. $140 isn’t a ridiculous price, but adidas can do better y’all.
Nike Free Train Instinct Hustle Hart Blue (7/16/16) $140
- Huge shoutout to the guy Kevin Hart, that man deserves a lot of respect. How many comedians y’all know out there that have their own signature shoe? Hart is really a comedic mogul at this point and he’s earned it all. He has two separate editions of his shoe dropping this weekend and this just happens to be the odd one out for me. The two color-ways are dedicated to his kids, and they actually have words of inspiration written around the shoe. This specific pair is specifically to honor his daughter Heaven. $140 isn’t a bad price for this workout/runner type of shoe at all, this is just on the ‘NOT’ because I personally prefer the other color-way.
Reebok JJ 1 (7/15/16) $100
- This is the debut of Houston Texans defensive end JJ Watt’s signature cross-training shoe under Reebok. I was actually very much so on the fence about this release, because red is my favorite color and the price of $100 is very very affordable for a shoe these days. The reason I have to turn these down is because they just happen to be releasing on the same exact weekend as the release of the Hustle Hart workout shoes. Had Reebok picked a different release date to not have to compete with Nike and Kevin Hart, they would’ve done much better for themselves.
Here’s the easiest part of my job with the sneaker segment, picking what everyone ‘SHOULD COP’ this weekend.
Air Jordan 14 Oxidized Green (2016) (7/16/16) $190
- Jordan 14s releases are pretty few and far between, which I dislike because the 14 line is actually very solid. I personally do not own any 14s at the moment, but I’m definitely looking to change that sooner than later. This specific color-way release is one that sneaker fans haven’t seen for a while, which is why I’m willing to bet these will sell out pretty quickly. $190 is the usual Jordan Brand price for the Retro releases and honestly this shoe can be put together with countless outfits so go for it people.
Nike Free Train Instinct Hustle Hart Red (7/16/16) $140
- As I’ve said many times before, red is my favorite color and that is the exact reason why I prefer this pair of Hustle Hart’s over the blue edition dropping this weekend. In my eyes red and gold just work much better together than blue and gold does. This pair was in honor of Hart’s son Hendrix, so it’s just fitting that I like the edition made for his boy.
Undefeated x Nike LA Huarache (7/16/16) Price N/A
- Huarache’s have become a very popular and successful shoe for Nike. A lot of the color-ways they release nowadays are actually somewhat difficult to even be able to get. This collab right here is absolute fire in my eyes, but this will definitely be a limited release and it will be an exclusive group of people who are actually able to buy these. I’ve always been an advocate and flashy and eye popping looks, and this Huarache release is definitely that. This shoe is dedicated to the Crenshaw District in Los Angeles, California which can be seen through the blue suede that dominates the shoe and pays homage to the colors of Crenshaw High School. These are a must cop if you can get access to them folks.
That’s it for this edition of “What Kicks to Cop this Weekend”. Best of luck in the shoe journeys this weekend folks, and for those of you who make some successful cops feel free to show the blog or myself on Twitter @TheDemoTape_ and @JTexKnows.